12.06.2008

Free Would NOT Approve...


Well, hell, she WOULDN'T. Free is a true artist who took the art of Vee-Jaying (and being sexy) very seriously.

Friends...I'm having some issues ♥

There is this really funny blog that I am addicted to read daily called Crunk & Disorderly...This chick Fresh always posts Youtube clips and images under the label "Come and Get Your Cousins Please" when she finds your cousins doing something utterly fucking ridiculous special. It cracks me up, but I really feel her on that....Well, I have my own submission for "Come and Get Your Cousins Please"

See below:








Guys...this is so NOT okay.

What in the hell type of fake ass R&B, jigaboo, Ray-J/Ne-Yo/Mario, coon-ass fuckery is this??? What in the world is this about?

Stop.
NO MORE.

To My Dearest CousinsDear Black People,

Barack Hussein Obama is our President-elect. On January 20, 2009, he will be our President. Now, I appreciate you all not getting too far out-of-pocket during the heat of the elections. although I must throw a side-eye to few of you simpletons...But, now that he's won...we 'got to do better'...I mean, we simply MUST. These types of commercials will NOT do.

I am sorry to tell you all this, but we cannot wait for Obama to snap his fingers and bring this CHANGE we seek. We must be the goddamn change and singing these R&B songs to, for, and about chicken nuggets will not do. It just will not.

We need to raise the bar for ourselves and what makes us want to buy chicken nuggets. Think about it...they are mocking us!!!! They have watched enough BET to know that THIS is all we allegedly care about and all it takes to entertain us. Have you SEEN 106 and Park lately?
They used all of the necessary elements to get our attention:
  • Shiny, pretty-boy wearing a wack ass fedora singing in the rain-check!
  • Beautiful light-skinned woman complete with 16 inch Yaki Premium in color #1 flowing hair, sexy make up, & stilettos-check!
  • Fancy sports car-check!
  • The premise of a deep relationship issue (Why you dippin' on me?)- check!
  • Have you heard these lyrics?I can't even fucking go there.
I'm trying my best not to give up on us...but honestly we all know who's to blame:

From Confessions of a Closet...You Know the Rest.


From Confessions of a Closet...You Know the Rest.


From Confessions of a Closet...You Know the Rest.



Sincerest Regards,

Nikki B. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Get Ya cousin!!! Isn't it disgusting. I thought the same thing when I saw this commercial. I just knew it was the latest R&B video of some up and coming singer-dude I had never heard of until I heard her say with a straight face "Nice song..but you're still not getting any!" Lawdhammercy! "Girl dont be stingy" sung with soul. (utterly fuckin ridiculous) ah special!! LOL Really makes you wanna run aand get some nuggets doesnt it! Thank You for that. That was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I like the commercial. (Sorry I know that you are trying to empower!) I thought it was clever because all advertising agencies what to do is get your attention! And it worked...I sing the song in the shower! However I'm not sure if it will make me buy chicken nuggets from McDonalds....BUT anyway don't think it wasn't a black person who developed the concept for this commercial. Who else would know about the pretty boy singing in the rain or the pretty light skin girl with weave...nobody but your cousins! SO who's to blame the creative exec who thought of this idea OR people like myself who sing this song in the shower..."Girl, don't be stingy, stingy!" LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really feel you on the fake ass neyo beat! I thought the same damn thing!

    ReplyDelete